|Download Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.42 Beta|
Adobe Flash Player - A media player widely used to view the Flash file format (SWF files). Flash has a long enough period to an indispensable tool for making presentations, games, websites, animations, and add-ons that require rich multimedia content.
Normally the browser will automatically set the Flash player, but it is recommended to regularly update the program, as Adobe continues to improve its development. After installing the plug-in add-on you will be able to view flash animation using the browser.
- Full screen keyboard input – This feature enables support for all keyboard keys available to an embedded SWF running inside of a page without full screen mode (except for ‘Esc’). It allows developers to determine if the app is in full screen, whether full keyboard input is allowed, and whether the app is able to request full screen (determined by the embed tag parameter).
- Low latency audio support for streaming audio through NetStream – This feature aims to reduce latency for high quality streaming audio playback. It addresses a very special use case of cloud gaming, where the game is rendered at a server and audio and video are streamed to the client.
- Protected Mode for Firefox – Flash Player Protected Mode is a new security enhancement designed to limit the impact of attacks launched from malicious SWF files against Adobe Flash Player when running in Firefox 4.0 + on Windows Vista and higher. This feature is comparable to the Flash Player Protected Mode in Google Chrome browser, Protected Mode in Adobe Reader, and Office 2010 Protected View.
- Flash Player background updates (Mac) – New versions of the runtimes can now be delivered more effectively to the end user with this enhanced updating mechanism (Background update is only available in the release versions of Flash Player).
- Low latency audio support (Sound API) – This enhancement reduces the latency for Sound.play method and changes to volume and pan on SoundTransform. The latency of SAMPLE_DATA event should also be reduced considerably.
- Texture Streaming for Stage3D – Provides an ability to upload coarser, lower quality textures on the GPU first and then progressively improve them as more data becomes available.
- Some video streams with Flash Access may fail to play
- There is a minor, generalized risk that new security enhancements targeted to Firefox on Windows may cause compatibility issues with existing content. We’d encourage Flash developers using the beta to review existing content for new issues.
- Notable Fixes and Enhancements
- *3498546 – Chrome PPAPI on Mac: Adobe Connect Add-In Does Not Launch after Installation
- 3499731 – Chrome PPAPI on Mac: Adobe FormsCentral has an unacceptable delay while resizing an information box on a template
- 3494618 – Safari on Mac: Specific SWFs are scaled on Mac with Retina Display
- 3501218 – WinXP – Microphone audio is distorted
- 3492841 – Chrome PPAPI: Corrects an issue where copy and paste was not working in the textfields of some Flex-based SWFs
- 3487449 – Flash Player will now correctly clip a SWF rendering with Stage3D where the SWF is larger than the HTML container and is using constrained mode.
- 3499702 – Microphone stops dispatching SampleDataEvents after repeated use